9.17.2009

an issue being addressed that really shouldn't need to be addressed . . .

so i have developed quite the pet peeve while working here with my new company. it's not something that has ever been much of an issue at my past jobs, but this job takes my pet peeve to a whole new level. what is it?

**people not flushing the toilet when they're done using it.**

and i'm not talking just about "number one." i mean the whole sha-bang, the whole enchilada, the "number two." so far, i have gone to the bathroom seven times today -- blame all the water i drink (so far three bottles, which is actually less than i typically drink) for the amount of times i use the lavatory, but this is all not the point -- and five of the times i have gone, **i have had to flush behind someone** (and three of those times were for more than just pee and toilet paper).

okay, i guess i didn't have to flush behind them, but i am just that person. no one wants to walk into a bathroom stall and !surprise! there's last night's dinner floating in the toilet, in the form of, well, "number two" (i'm trying to keep this post somewhat clean, despite the nasty topic). and so i irritatedly flush the toilet so that the next person who walks in isn't caught off guard by what i saw.

now i know there is another business that is located here in this strip center, so i can't entirely blame it on my co-workers. but the only other business here is a "daycare" for the mentally handicapped, and anytime one of the clients goes to the bathroom, they are accompanied by a supervisor, whom i always hear tell them to flush the toilet. and that makes it even less acceptable, if they aren't flushing the toilet, because there are two people there who can flush.

i have never left a stall without flushing first, and yet **it seems pretty commonplace here at my job.** i just don't understand it. i hear people in the process of potty-training a child tell that child to "flush the toilet." it's something we all have learned. i work with people WITH DEGREES! with MILITARY EXPERIENCE! you would think they would be able to police up after themselves. i am not the united states and my co-workers are not foreign countries.

**there is no reason that i should be handling their business.**

4 comments:

  1. Holy Crap (Pun intended). Well again, I find myself agreeing with you (which hacks me off to no end, but thats just me, lol. They do it (or not, as is the case) here as well. I truly dont get it. Are they proud of thier little (or big) creation? UGH! Do you have problems with people not washing thier hands too? THAT really hacks me, and scares me to be honest. I actually only use one of the bathrooms here because I can go out of the bathroom and into the office just using my foot to open the doors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to post again. I went to your post about your coworkers clothes, just to see if you defended Ol' uglyhat and saw Haleys post. She mentioned posting pictures of other dubious garments so I went to her page. As I was reading about Diaper rash and Butts, whose picture do I see? Johns. I laughed at the utter Appropriateness of it...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe there's something wrong with the toilets. I'm just amazed that this is such a common occurrence!

    I will be posting those dubious garment pics today LOL... And just for you guys, I'll post some pics of John being John that I took last weekend... He'll be so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so hayley -- i'm guessing that there is nothing wrong with the toilets since they **always** work whenever i go. i just think that people are disgusting and have no regards for other people. and so they go poop in the toilet and leave it there for the next person to discover. i don't know why it's such a common occurrence at my job, though.

    kev -- i have been in the bathroom when "ladies" i work with use the restroom and do not wash their hands. it always grosses me out. maybe it has to do with the million of health department classes i had to sit in when i worked at heb and various restaurants, but i just can't get over people **not** washing them. i wouldn't be able to function knowing that i didn't wash my hands after going to the bathroom.

    but like i said. i just think some people are disgusting.

    ReplyDelete