3.30.2011

you had me at "mint chocolate chip"

so a couple of weeks ago, i had this dream about some deliciously gooey, insanely sugary mint chocolate chip cookies. in the dream, my oldest sister (heidi), made them. i woke up and had a craving for these cookies, which is unusual cuz i rarely eat sweets. some people have sweet tooths . . .

*i have a salt tooth*

anyway, i mentioned it to my sister, and to my delight, she went and bought the ingredients and made up a recipe and made the most amazingly good mint chocolate chip cookies and sent them to me in the mail. as soon as i got the box, i sampled one and had to immediately share one with my roommate. we reveled in their softness, in their gooey-ness, in their deliciosity. never had a cookie been so good.

*it was seriously explosions of heaven in my mouth*

anyhow, i shared some with my family and then decided to share some with my co-workers. they loved them and started requesting that she make different flavored cookies, some with sugar, some with splenda (for my co-worker who is diabetic). i pitched the idea to them about paying for cookies, and each one agreed that they would definitely pay. and so, the idea was born . . . my sister, much to my insistence, would begin her own cookie company.

*why hadn't we done this sooner?*

we went through a long list of names that we could call her business . . . sugar britches, heidi's, bites & delights, miller's morsels and finally settled on baker's dozen. yes, it is kind of generic, but it's something people will remember. we are shooting for simple, yet delicious. heidi played around and came up with our logo -- very simple, yet effective. i have nominated myself to be the COO (Chief Operations Officer) and heidi as the CEO (chief executive officer). we are hiring out for an accountant. there are a lot of aspects about starting business i don't know about, but i'm pretty clear on how to get most of it going.

*by the way, good people, we are looking for investors*

anyhow, we're starting off small. she will do 10 flavors of cookies. we haven't gotten into details about what those flavors are, but she will also look into making "diabetic friendly" cookies. a lot of details to work out. i am just excited to get it going. and i'm excited for her. i know heidi will do great with this business. it combines two of her (and two of my) favorite things:

*food and money*

and really . . . who doesn't like that combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment