5.01.2009

lucky number 13?

so yesterday was my first day back at the gym in . . . well, in forever. i left for hell paso determined to continue working out out there. got to the gym there, however, and had different plans. you see, i am a very picky person. i hate small cramped gyms and cheap gym equipment. that's how the gym there felt. and not only that, i was working long hours. basically, **a bunch of excuses** as to why i didn't work out when i was there for two months.

so yesterday i went to the gym and was actually scared to get on the scale. in those two months, i knew **i had gained weight.** i knew it because a) i was no longer exercising; b) i ate like crap; c) my clothes are all fitting tighter than i'd like. so i decide to just go for it and step on the scale. and then i almost fainted.

**THIRTEEN POUNDS**

i couldn't believe that i had gained that much. i will say that knowing i have that much weight to lose all over again made me mad at myself and helped push me to have a better workout. i have a **new workout partner,** also, and that's great cuz he's helping me push me, too. when i looked in the mirror, i could tell i had gained weight. the workout clothes that were loose on me before are now a little tighter than i'm comfortable with. but i'll wear them anyway. it will only remind me of the weight i've gained and the weight i need to lose!

i also have a great support system in my family . . . **especially my sisters.** we try to encourage each other throughout the day with text messages and facebook comments. i am hoping that this weight comes off me pretty fast. just means i have to get back into eating healthy again and making healthy decisions, as i like to call them.

**wish me luck**

1 comment:

  1. and i lied . . . was looking back through my workout journal from right before i left. i actually gained *GASP* 16 pounds! so today is the start of everything. hit the gym at 5am and am going grocery shopping this afternoon for my "healthy eating." NOW you can wish me luck . . . and i mean it.

    WISH ME LUCK!

    ReplyDelete