3.27.2009

i got my mind on my money and my money on my mind . . .

i'm trying to think of something to write about today. i have been MIA lately cuz of work issues. a few times i haven't been on my computer. other times, i've been teaching training to a bunch of idiots who can't grasp the concept of the program i work with and so i'm continuously having to answer the SAME question again and again. *c'mon people! it's not all that hard!*

regardless, i don't have a lot to write about. i have been down a bit lately, as well. the death of my friend has made me take stock in a lot of things, has made me miss my friends and family tremendously. the highlight of my day seems to be hearing from my mama, my sisters (even if it is to about 'luckey fannie,' 'plain white Ts' or 'house keys for john's house') and little colby (always the same conversation, but i love him anyway). i'm fortunate to have my daddy out here with me; we try to hang out and have dinner together at least twice a week. i am looking forward to getting away from co-workers and going to dinner with him tonight. i'm also glad we're on the same shift this time around; we've been on several tests before but it seems that he's always on opposite shifts as i am. having him around helps a lot with the homesickness. less than a month and i'm home.

i hate being away from home because i lose my routine. all of my routines. i have been eating like crap out here for the most part and haven't successfully been to the gym out here for more than a day in a row, one day a week. i can tell i'm gaining weight, and while it irritates me, i do nothing about it. i dislike the gym out here and it's hard on my asthma for me to run outside (side note: ben and i ran the canyon the other day and i puked everywhere when i was done and couldn't catch my breath for the next two days). i haven't been eating out a lot but when i do, i overindulge in all the *authentic* mexican food and amazing chips and salsa. heaven knows the only place i eat out here is leo's mexican (thanks again, samantha, for the recommendation). i miss my own bed, my own shower, my own friends, my own life. everytime i go TDY i feel as though my life is put on hold and the rest of the world continues. i really hope that i don't have to do this forever!

wow . . . i didn't intend on this blog being a downer. on a funnier note, my maid steals from me. but she never steals anything worth much. it's mostly my allergy medication. the first time i realized it, it was because she left the box but took the actual pills and left me with none. and since i'm ridiculously routine and OCD, i open my allergy pills a certain way; she opens them differently. i also count my medicine. every night, one extra is missing. since it's *only* my allergy medication right now, i haven't reported it. everyone keeps telling me i need to, and while i agree that it's wrong, i'd hate for anyone to get fired in this economy. let her touch my skor candy bar or my dasani water -- THEN i'll tell! do you think i should tell, though?

anyhow, just got tasked with a bunch of work stuff, so i'm going to end this with a survey i stole from www.surveydumpster.com. i expect you all to read and repost it on your own!

What's your favorite color gummy bear?
*i am a fan of the red and orange ones. red and orange anything, actually . . . skittles, starbursts, etc.

What is the sexiest part of the opposite sex's body?
*i'm a HUGE fan of shoulders. it's the first thing i notice. if a man has droopy shoulders, i cannot and will not talk to him in any way other than platonic.

Have you ever made up / sang a song for someone you cared about?

*nope . . . we did make a song when we were stuck in NTC for a test, though. it was called, "sittin' in the back of the truck." we sang it the entire month we were there.

Ever had a song sang about / for you?
*not that i can remember.

Is there a baby in the room with you right now?
*well, not a *real* baby, but i'd venture to say a lot of my co-workers are babies!

Do you know how to dance?
*i think i do pretty good, to be honest. i have rhythym.

Where do you sing the most, in the car, the shower or other?
*i sing anytime i am listening to music, no matter where it is!

What is your favorite thing that is green?
*money, of course!

What did your last text message say?
*"they lost my records from last year" from my roommate.

Boxers, briefs or boxer briefs?
*on a man? boxer briefs, for sure!

What is your middle name?
*i actually don't have one, but i once convinced everyone at high school that it was *olga.* don't ask me why!

What is the way to your heart?
*sexiness, humor and my family /friends have to like you.

What do you smell like?
*today, it's a mix of moonlight path lotion and "isle of pink" perfume.

What's in your pocket?
*a hair band.

Anything in your mouth?
*eating a subway sandwich.

Ever hurt yourself playing Wii?
*no, but my arm was sore the next day after playing bowling on one.

Do you have freckles?
*few and far between. not a whole lot.

How many languages can you say "Hello" in?
*5, i think?

What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
*i wanna say it was "madea goes to jail." and it was quite horrible.

Ever jumped / fallen / been pushed in a pool with your clothes on?
*all of the above!

Are you wearing any clothes that you wore yesterday?
*nope . . . these are all clean ones.

Name a song that you know all the words to:
*wow . . . SO many! "by my side," by sade.

Are you in love with someone right now?
*can i plead the fifth here? if not, then yes i am.

What's the last thing you watched on TV?
*it was "private practice," last night.

What's the last video game you played?
*brickbreaker on my phone.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
*my daddy is the best man i know; he's an operations lead for the company i work with.

Can you do the alphabet in sign language?
*yep. learned it in the 2nd grade, i think.

Do you have an uncle named Joe?
*nope.

What word do you use when people pass gas?
*fart, i guess.

Do you wear glasses?
*i do when i'm not wearing my contacts and i wear sunglasses when i'm outside.

What can you hear right now?
*my music . . . right now it's "mercy in you" by depeche mode.

Did you feel better or worse or the same yesterday?
*worse . . . yesterday i was not in a good mood *i was peopled out*

Ever been overseas?
*nope. but i'd love to go one day!

What are your plans for today?
*finish up with work, go to dinner with daddy, go bowling with the boys and then go to bed!

What was your favorite childhood show?
*"mr. rogers' neighborhood," for sure!

Are you close to your siblings?
*i am, especially my sisters and sisters-in-law.

What was your first job?
*officially? it was as a bagger at HEB (grocery store); unofficially, it was babysitting.

Do you bite your nails?
*never! my mom always told us it would give us cancer and even though i know better now, i still won't bite them!

Do you like your feet?
*i do. i have been told on *several* occassions that i have cute feet.

Do you sleep well at night?
*sometimes. most of the time i'm up throughout most of it, though.

4 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP

    I thought I was the only one with a shoulder thing. I LOVE broad shoulders. And I thought I was the only one who didn't have a middle name. WOW. I'm so doing this later.

    I absolutely LOVE CC and AJ and all those shows. And I LOVE the E! True Hollywood Investigates specials. Even though they're not all about crime. There's a channel called the ID channel (it's another Discovery branch) and it's all crime all the time. They have a show called Most Evil where this psychiatrist has come up with a scale and he ranks famous murderers and such on it. I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah -- i *lovelovelove* "most evil." my roommate got me hooked onto that one. that's another channel i watch often cuz they also have "dateline" on ID. hilarious.

    am waiting on your survey answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone without anything specific to say, you are very wordy! I hope you have a good day and things start looking brighter for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL SF isn't usually my first choice. I was craving Italian... and I promised John I wouldn't bring up Olive Garden until after the babies are born!

    ReplyDelete