6.12.2009

those lazy, hazy, crazy days . . .

oh how **i lauve the summer** . . . like i completely relish in the hot days with nothing to do. and of course, i have absolutely nothing to do cuz i have no job still. but i have been to several interviews and put out about 50 resumes, so i'm hoping that something comes up soon. but that's a different rant. this one is about summer.

having a little BBQ tonight. my good friends, sKaren and jamie, are coming over to cookout with me and my beau. i think we're going to do some steak. bake some potatoes, steam some broccoli, cut up some fresh fruit. we'll eat at the new dining room table and leave the hockey game on **on mute** in the background for them to watch and enjoy. might have a glass of sangria and watch the sun go down. afterwards, we're going to see a live band play and dance with some friends. i am looking forward to it.

there's a **sexiness that comes with summer.** i'm not sure why it only happens in the summer, but maybe it's cuz people are happier in the summer. showing a bit more skin, laughing more, relaxed more. i am looking forward to the rest of it.

**i am planning on this being my best summer yet . . . **

4 comments:

  1. I remember that feeling of summer being sexy. It's hard to describe, isn't it? I don't feel it anymore, though (gee I wonder why.) I'm sending you good summer vibes.

    I am so craving a baked potato now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the summer vibes . . . we had a great night last night BEFORE we went to see that live band. got there and they were atrocious. quite possibly THE worst band i've ever seen. despite the bad music, however, it was a good time being with friends.

    and ps: the baked potatoes were amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can post again. Cool. So nice little ode to summer. I can still remember the days when we would love watching the news and seeing 100, 100, 100, 99, 98 (cold front), 100, etc....now all I can think is, Lord I hope the A/C doesnt break...lol.

    At least I have a pool now, so my Saturdays are Mow, jump in pool / Edge, jump in pool / Sweep, jump in....oh you get the idea....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. kev -- i know the feeling of that! i so remember watching the weather and LOVING that hot hot heat! but like you, i am now past that and revel in the a/c. dad's pool should be up and running by next week, so i am glad for that!

    ReplyDelete