6.09.2009

what a lazy day!

today was filled with a bunch of **nothing.** i had big plans. gym, cleaning, yardwork, rearranging, organizing. **big big big plans.** instead, i ended up laying on the couch for most of the day watching television or playing that dang video game.

we headed to the gym this morning only to realize that after the 20-minute drive to the gate to get on post to workout, i had left my purse **and driver's license** on the entryway table at my house . . . so no workout. came home, my beau did the yard and i made breakfast. ran a few errands after that, did minimal helping on the lawn, laid on the couch. we're supposed to go walking after dinner tonight, but we'll see how that goes. was really pumped for the gym today, so i'm disappointed we didn't go. but **we will go tomorrow** for sure!

we're planning a trip to florida in july, if all works out. i really wanna lose at least ten pounds **twenty would be nice, but we'll see** before i have to get into a swimsuit. i am not a huge fan of the tankini i have now, but i can't justify buying a new one if i don't lose weight. so that's **added** motivation. we're going to see my oldest friend, erin, when we go down that way. apparently there is also a waterpark open down there that she wants to go to, so we'll get that in, also. don't worry hayley -- we also want to plan a trip that way soon, but choosing between utah and the beach? well . . . the beach won!

cooking some dinner now. third meal i've prepared today. been eating fairly healthy, so i'm proud of myself. cream of wheat and berries for breakfast, salad for lunch, cheese cubes for a snack. now cooking a turkey tenderloin, broccoli and salad for dinner. prolly some sort of fruit for dessert, if needed. and i am very proud of myself . . . mama called me tonight about some leftover pie from my birthday, and as hard as it was to say no . . . i did! **i really wanted to say yes,** but since we didn't hit the gym today, i really couldn't justify it!

anyhow, the turkey smells good, the broccoli is steaming and the salad is prepared. gonna do some of that cleaning and rearranging after dinner tonight.

**that is, if i'm not kicking my beau's booty in that blasted video game.**

3 comments:

  1. Oh I COMPLETELY understand! Let's see- hang out in boring Utah (John will be testing in July and I'll still be recovering), or go play in the ocean?? I'd totally pick the ocean.

    Keep up the healthy stuff! Maybe you'll inspire me, post-partum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious. I have NEVER seen the ocean, unless you count flying over it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gwen -- i can't believe you haven't ever been to the beach before! you and ron need to take a trip and go see a beach -- any beach -- in the near future!

    hayley -- eat all the ice cream you want. i can't eat it, so you can have my portion :)

    ReplyDelete