6.02.2009

life and times . . .

so first i owe my apologies to my loyal, faithful blog readers . . . **all two of you.** i haven't written at all lately and once again, as i've said a hundred million times before, i have no excuse. i have been lazy: sleeping in late, watching television, hanging out with my family, etc. nothing really to keep me from writing. cuz once again:

**i have no job**

i have interviewed for several jobs with the company that laid me off recently: no luck. i am not exactly sure why i haven't gotten picked up and to be honest, **i'm overly irritated about it but happy at the same time.** i really don't wanna work for that company again, seeing that they lay people off with no regards to how well they do a job or anything like that. but unfortunately, i don't have many leads or options right now. unemployment doesn't pay nearly enough to live on, so i am actually considering going back to bartending. as a last resort, of course. but i am really hoping that i find something. my beau and i have applied everywhere we could think of, short of fast food joints. maybe i'm being uppity for saying this, but quite frankly, **i'm too good to work at a fast food place.** i have too many skills, too much going for me to flip burgers. we've applied overseas, underseas, by the seas . . . anywhere you can pretty much think of. and still no luck. oh wait! i forgot i do have a job. i work veryveryvery part-time at barnes & noble. one day a week here and there. i picked up a friday shift this week that i'm pretty excited about . . . that should be like $20 deposited into my account next friday! i just can't figure out why it's so hard to find something when i possess skills.

on a lighter, much happier note. my beau and i are doing great! i feel like i'm constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far, it hasn't. he makes me laugh, he makes me happy, he makes me feel wanted. he even sometimes buys me things, which is nice (i admit). like this little tiny laptop i'm typing on now . . . yes, a tiny laptop. it is ridiculously cute and fun (note: i tried to post pictures but of course my new computer doesn't come with the photo program i am used to, so i have to download that; will post pics later). i am **in lauve** (with the computer). we also bought some new furniture for my house and i am excited about that. a bedroom set, a 46-inch flatscreen tv (for him, not me), dining room table, barstools. scared to say it, but i think i could see myself building a future with him. he makes me **extremely** happy . . . and not because he buys me things. a sense of humor is key . . . and i find myself always laughing. and better? i find myself smiling at random times for no reason at all. each time? i am thinking of him. **call it sappy . . . call it what you will.** i don't care; it's taken a long time for me to be this happy and i will gush about it all day long!

i went down to college station a couple of weekends ago with my beau to visit my old college friend, veronica. not sure why i haven't been down there since 2005-ish time frame, but i haven't. consequently, i fell in love with college station all over again. and so did my beau. we had a great time with veronica and we're already planning a trip back down there. her man really liked my beau and vice-versa, so **i am happy for that.** it's always better when everyone gets along.

can't really think about anything else to talk about. life is pretty boring right now. maybe i'll start writing again, now that i have this little computer to take places with me. we'll see . . .

**i'll make no promises.**

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing so well! Well, except for that whole job thing. I'll be sending good job-finding vibes your way!

    You must take a picture of this tiny laptop and then post it- from your tiny laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Happy for You!! (about the beau & happiness in your life, not the jobless thing.) I hope everything keeps going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as soon as i can find a photo editing program i like -- my beau says he has photoshop "somewhere" -- then i will post pics! hayley -- i emailed john a pic of my tiny laptop . . . did he show you? and thanks to everyone for the well wishes and job-finding vibes! i need all the help i can get!

    ReplyDelete