4.23.2009

home sweet home

well today couldn't have gotten here fast enough, i tell you. seemed like yesterday dragged **on and on and on and on . . . and well, you get the point.** then this morning came and i couldn't get out of bed and ended up over-sleeping in by an hour. good thing i was mostly packed and only had a few things to get in the suitcase this morning. then it was off the airport!

the flight out of el paso was right on time and couldn't have been more full . . . literally. they had overbooked and so a couple of my co-workers who were hoping to get on standby didn't make it. as soon as i got into my seat, i was asleep. slept until we landed, actually. **i was exhausted.** got to our gate at dallas . . . and what does that say?

**DELAYED**

no problemo, i thought. only a few minutes. i was originally scheduled on the 1245pm flight out of dallas, but since i was there early enough, i decided to get on the flight daddy was flying on -- the 1145am flight. so i get to the counter, get my seat and am told that my baggage will prolly be on the original flight i was scheduled on. **no big deal,** i thought since i only live 5 minutes from the airport. and besides, we were still leaving before my original flight was. or so i thought.

**DELAYED** again.

by the time all is said and done, we end up leaving the airport at 1pm . . . a lot later than i wanted to. my original flight? left early. finally, we board the plane at 1pm and now what? **we're stuck sitting on the runway for thirty more minutes.** turns out our little crop duster was unbalanced, so we had to move all people and overhead luggage to the back of the plane since all the luggage was on the front of the plane. a little scary when you think about it.

but alas, all is balanced and we're ready to go. and then the turbulence start. **and i'm sick.** twice i had to reach for the puke bag cuz i wasn't exactly sure i was gonna make it. so bumpy. only one other time have i had to do that. it was pretty bad. my stomach was in my throat for most of the flight.

we finally land and i get to the baggage claim. and like the lady at the counter had said . . . my luggage wasn't on the flight. i am worried now cuz i know my original flight left early and i wasn't sure where my luggage was now. as i turn around to walk to the american airlines baggage place, i see my **two lonely suitcases** spinning around and around on the other conveyor belt from the earlier, but really supposed to have been later, flight. i grab them and am on my way.

not meaning for this to be a complaint. so in the end, i'll just say that i am **so** thankful to be home. as soon as i walked in the door, my little 2 year old nephew, jared, ran up to me and threw his little arms around me and gave me a kiss. granted, little ella -- my one year old niece -- had no clue who i was, but she'll warm up to me eventually.

either way, i am **in love with home** today. mama is in the kitchen cooking up some vegetables and daddy is bbq'n the country-style ribs. it's going to be a good night, a good weekend . . .

**a good life.**

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home.

    What is it with Dallas and delaying/canceling flights? Every time I'd come visit John- never failed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time i travel, they end up having maintenance issues with the airplane! that's what happened when i flew on thursday. **so ridiculous**

    ReplyDelete