4.08.2009

we're not in kansas anymore, toto . . .

i have traveled to a few different places TDY while working for my company. i will have to say that i've always deemed *dugway, utah* as perhaps the worst of all of the places i've been. from the smell of the porta-potties, to field mice and rusty trailer hitches, to the embarrassing notes left by maids, ripped jeans and bloody knees coupled with tetanus shots, i am pretty sure that dugway tops the list of *suck.*

however, today when i was walking here at dona ana base camp, for a moment, when the wind blew in *just* the right direction, kicking up sand in my face, forcing even the bunnies to run for cover and wafted that oh-so-familiar stench of the porta-potties across the arid desert . . . for a brief moment i believed myself to be in dugway.

and i had a mini-heart attack.

5 comments:

  1. You hit your knee on a rusty trailer hitch? That means you've been initiated into the Dugway Hall of Suck. We welcome you.

    What did this embarrassing note say? Was it in English, even???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dugway is the only place to be!!!

    Oh...I think you should post the pic that displays the note from the maid...I'm sure Hayley would get a kick out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did hit my knee. not only did i hit my knee in the pitch black, but it ripped my *favorite* pair of jeans EVER, cut my knee wide open and then i had to get a tetanus shot the next day at that little clinic there on DPG. it was *awesome* . . . the only good thing about it was i got paid overtime for the shot!

    and yeah . . . about that embarrassing note. i can't tell you that. send me your email address, though, and i can send you the pic. john was actually on the phone with me when i saw the note; it was *pretty hilarious!*

    (remember john -- my PARENTS read this)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, look! John figured out how to leave comments and such!! I just can't WAIT to see what kinds of comments are sent my way now! (Notice the dripping sarcasm.)

    email: hayley0516@gmail.com. I cannot wait to see this note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sure that that will be the *one and only* comment john leaves on my page! i sent you the picture. *enjoy*

    ReplyDelete