4.27.2009

my long(-winded) weekend

i got home thursday, as you all know, from hell (paso) and it seemed like from then until sunday, i never stopped going. after the airport on thursday i ended up going to grab a bite to eat with heather at my **favorite place of all-time** (or at least that day cuz i didn't have it for two months in hell paso), jason's deli. then i went straight to mama's house and hung out there til after dinner, with everyone.

as soon as i walked into mama's house, jared came running up to me with open arms and gave me a huge hug and kiss. we chilled for a little bit before he took me to the pantry for a "nack" (snack). apparently since i've been gone, he's been deprived of hard, stale marshmallows and has only gotten fresh graham crackers. but since he's my boy and i know he loves those nasty marshmallows, i pulled them out and let him chow down! **he was in heaven.**



after that, i went to the house and watched "survivor," "grey's anatomy" and "private practice" before falling asleep on my couch. ended up going to bed to wake up early on friday, cuz i had to go to the zoo with colby and his class for a field trip. we hung out at the zoo for a couple of hours and let me say . . . i was **not** used to that humidity! it was crazy! i can say that about hell (paso) -- there was absolutely no humidity and it was nice. i wore the same outfit in waco that i wore every other day in hell and thought i was going to pass out! good thing i survived that, right?



after the zoo was over with, i headed to the house and laid down a bit before heading down to heather's to **mix and mingle with all those who aren't single.** some of our friends stopped over at her house for an impromptu bbq and since i hadn't seen any of them in forever, i decided to have a steak with them and catch up. we did a birthday cake for colby (his second of the day, as we had done one earlier for him with his class at the zoo when we were having a picnic lunch) and i cut out at 1030pm. had to be in dallas early on saturday.



was driving up to dallas to watch my niece, alexis, while valerie and my parents attended leslie's and g's mormony thing. since i cannot go and participate, but leslie is my best friend and i wanted to be there to support her, i volunteered to keep little alexis while the ceremony was going on. after we dropped val off at the temple, alexis and i headed over to the galleria mall to look around. i was good and restrained myself from buying anything, but man i thought i was in heaven for a minute **THE BIGGEST GAP STORE YOU'VE EVER SEEN** . . . i didn't even let myself stay and shop around. i headed out and ended up sitting for like an hour so alexis could sleep soundly. ended up heading back to the temple to meet up with everyone and snapped off a couple of shots of mom and dad with alexis. (sorry about the poor quality of this picture; we don't have facebook at work, so i had to pull the picture off of my phone and it turned out pretty bad, apparently.)



i also took a few shots of leslie, g and their little girl, mags, but for some reason **didn't get any of all three of them together** on my camera. either way, it was a happy day for them!





val and i drove home saturday night and i started to feel sick by the time i got home. burning throat, fever, headache, chills. all of my family was convinced i had swine flu; i just assumed it was allergies. ended up skipping most of dinner with the family on sunday because of my throat, but realized i had to go to mama's house when i looked for food at my place and found none. by the time i got there, there was no food left; i ate two cheese rolls (cheese tacos). they were **eh** but it was my fault for not getting there sooner (and they didn't look nearly as good as these ones).



sunday night i was unpacking my bags and what?!?! i realized i left about $1,000 worth of panties, bras and sports bras in my hotel room in hell. i hadn't noticed it before cuz i was so busy and had plenty of underthings in my suitcase from when i did laundry the night before i flew. finally got in touch with the hotel today and **YAY!** they do have my things. they're sending it all to me this afternoon. however, i'll be sure to wash everything twice **just in case.**

4 comments:

  1. WOW. That's a lot of undies!

    Hopefully the maids didn't try them on or anything.

    I was going to make a reference to that picture you sent me awhile back, but I'll refrain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it really is too many undies! i had about 6 sports bras and 10 bras in that drawer, which is where most of that $1,000 comes from. i am almost scared to wear the panties, though . . . guess it gives me a **good** reason to go shopping!

    and yeah . . . no comments on that pic are allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good friend! I love the pictures. Too bad about the quality of the phone picture. I would have been really good if it had been clear. Anyway, I hope you find your undies soon! Don't want you going around in Granny Panties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a comment, but I did get email notification. I was really upset when I got it and just knee-jerk deleted all of it. John told me I was not smart for doing that. So any future messages I might get from this person shall be saved.

    And if I do get any others, I'll be pissed off enough to publish them so everyone else can get on and chew them out for me.

    ReplyDelete