7.05.2009

drains, lemon tarts and jobs

so my beau and i have been doing some stuff around the house to clean and whatnot. my roommate also helps me a lot, too. but last night, when i was getting ready to get out of the shower, i looked down and decided it was time to clean out the drain. i got all the hair off the top of it, which honestly wasn't that much cuz i clean it frequently. however, i couldn't get down under the drain cuz there are no screws holding the drain in and i have tried to pull it off several times, to no avail.

step in my white knight.

he got a pair of old tweezers and popped the drain off. i won't proceed to tell you all what nastiness existed below the surface, but i will say that it was grody enough for me to leave the bathroom so i wouldn't puke! i guess it's cuz i used to have a recurring dream a few years back in which **someone would force me to eat the hair and gunk**from the drain. now, i can't look at it without thinking about that dream and making myself wanna puke everywhere.

okay . . . now that i blogged about that dithguthing topic, i will blog about another: iced lemon pound cake from starbucks.

this used to be my **favorite**snack EVER. even though it has like 86 carbs PER SLICE, i used to get it every week, on either saturday or sunday. my beau and i went to get an iced passion lemonade today from there and he really wanted a treat. so he ordered that. i took a bite and it was awful. the cake is super dry and the frosting on it is like confectioner's (is that the word i'm looking for?) icing . . . sugar and water. it's pretty horrible. my suggestion if you're there and looking for something sweet and lemony? the lemon tart. almost perfection.

and another side note: **my beau starts his new job tomorrow.** we are both pretty excited about this, although i admit i will prolly spend most of the day bored out of my mind since he'll be gone. i'm hoping (and cross your fingers here) to start up at the gym hardcore tomorrow. we'll see how that goes. heaven knows i was just looking at some pictures of me at the lake on july 3rd and i need to lose a few pounds!

once again **wish me luck!**

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! And I honestly think the image of forcing someone to eat the drain gunk could be a scene in a Saw sequel. GAG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I somehow caught a bug in the night, so I have been puking & other unmentionbles. Hoping to feel better so that I can go tomorrow. And the drain thing? Totally grosses me out!

    By the way, I'm watching "I Survived." New season starts on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete