8.20.2009

i now pronounce you . . . father and daughter?

at my office, i sit in a room with other people who do the same job as i do, or one very similar. we sit at long brown tables, typically 2 or 3 people per table. there are no cubicles and **virtually no privacy.** because of that reason, i'm careful with what i do and what people can see on my computer. right now, my desktop picture is one of my niece and nephew, right after she was born. i don't have pictures of my beau on there or anything that i wouldn't want unwanted questions about. naturally.

i just happened to glance up and notice my co-worker's screensaver slideshow contains a picture of beautiful pregnant lady, whose belly is exposed, with the only thing covered being her breasts, with a small black strip, which from this angle, i can't tell if it's something she was wearing, or if the picture was censored. i could see that being on some young kid's laptop at home or even in this dude's pictures folder on his desktop or external hard drive. the creepy part is that **the picture is of his daughter.** i just don't think i'd ever feel comfortable enough to take a picture like that to give to my father. not to mention the pants she wears in the picture are incredibly low-cut. but it's just not that picture. he has several on there of his daughter in otherwise seemingly sexy poses. and even some of his wife, whom you can tell is older but is very pretty. just think of glamour shots in the mall and you know exactly what poses these girls are in. nothing too suggestive, but something that will definitely make the imagination wander.

to me, i just don't feel that **it's entirely appropriate for a work laptop.** granted, the man has other pictures on there -- pics of his motorcycle, of him riding the bike, of his daughter's wedding. but there are just several provocative pictures of his daughter that, in my opinion, should've been given to her husband and not her father. and he proudly displays them.

**again, can i reiterate the word creepy here?**

8 comments:

  1. Reminds me of that guy on Spider.....Of course he WAS creepy....and his mom was Scarey....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay . . . That dude was weird a la Bates Motel weird. Remember the picture of his mom was from like the early 80s. I'm still convinced that he had her tied up in a rocking chair in the attic like ol' Norm Bates did in "Psycho." But these pictures my co-worker has are just way too inappropriate for any father to have of his daughter. But which is creepier -- Norm Bates with a headshot of his mother or my co-worker with semi-nude shots of his daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry, I didnt know it was a "who knows a creepier creep contest" You win....wench. And I would not have been surprised to hear about her being in a rocking chair but I saw them, together at Sears. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay . . . I totally forgot that you saw them out together! I remember now they were buying a TV or weed whacker or something like that. Man -- she was OLD in that picture taken like 20 years ago; she must've looked ancient in person!

    & yeah, I'm not exactly friends with my co-worker or I would tell him it's all a little creepy. So you know, I'm telling you also if you ever have pics of your mama or Cody's future wife on your computer. After all, that's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo THATS what you are for....been wondering. And actually its ok to have both, in proper respectful and non provocotive poses correct?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I suppose that that would be okay; however, any other way it's not. Also, right before I left for the day I looked up and saw another highly inappropriate picture: his bikini-clad daughter straddling a motorcycle, in a very sultry pose. Again, it's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dude has some serious issues. I mean, NBC national news issues. It cant be true. No way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This back and forth banter is pretty funny. I so want witty friends. Or at least a witty husband. Anyway, I'm now currently trying to convince John that a Mac is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete