8.04.2009

just an observation . . .

so for this job of mine, i am in some intensive training. training where things go up on the wall from a projector and we write. which is actually fine with me, cuz i tend to learn things better when i write them down. i also have copies of slides that i can look at on the computer, but **i like to take notes** when the instructor teaches.

my hand cramps up a lot while writing. not complaining, just find it interesting. it's prolly cuz i haven't written -- well, handwritten -- anything in ages. not much more than "happy birthday" on a card or something like that. here at work, i am writing a novel. it's funny how much **technology has taken over our lives.** we type all day in emails, we text instead of calling, we push a button to listen to music, rather than playing an instrument. there are so many parts of our lives where technology has come into play and dominated.

and sadly, i can't say that i miss the "good old days" of snail mail and telephone calls. i like that everything seems to move in fast forward nowadays.

well, everything but the night **(i need more sleep).**

1 comment:

  1. I will have to disagree with you on something. (Shock). I DO miss the
    old days. Maybe its because MY old days and YOUR are so far apart, but
    there is much to miss. I miss buying albums and 8 tracks. I still
    remember when cassettes came out and we realized you could put 90 whole
    minutes of music on them and they never changed tracks in the middle of
    a song. I remember them fondly but would never trade in my Iphone or
    Ipod. I remember having to write everything. I used to have nice
    handwriting that morphed into nice printing which morphed into not being
    able to put all the letters together properly when I try to write now.
    Ok, I remember, but don't "really" miss THAT too much. I remember when
    there was really only CBS, NBC and ABC. I miss a lot of those old shows
    like M.A.S.H and Mary Tyler Moore. Then again I wouldn't give up my DVR
    either. Hmmmm I seem to be in Paradox. I miss the old days but don't
    want to give up all my new toys. I guess what I really miss is the
    innocence we all had back when I was younger. Looking forward to summer
    vacation, worrying about my math grade, field trips, traveling all over
    without worrying about buying tickets, hotel rooms........or a job. And
    no Holly, I didn't have to worry about velociraptor attacks....I look
    back and think, man if I could only go back and do it all again....if I
    only knew then what I know now.....but that would ruin it wouldn't
    it.....

    ReplyDelete