8.17.2009

. . . losing my religion . . .

so i'm a big believer in separation of church and state. not saying i believe that a prayer before a football game is inappropriate or anything like that, but i definitely believe that religion has no business being in anything not religious.

**like work, for example**

two of my co-workers discuss religion at length every single day. and while i understand it's their right and their belief, it really gets on mine -- and everyone else's -- nerves. if there is one thing i am not, it's pushy. and i never discuss religion, politics or most of my beliefs with people (or in front of people) because i never wanna make someone feel as though i am pushing my thoughts and beliefs on them. and i completely feel that they are pushing all of their beliefs on me whenever they discuss religion. it's one thing if you invite me in on the conversation and give me the choice to say yes or no. but simply talking -- and might i add, very loudly -- about it really irritates me.

**and it's not because i'm not very religious**

it's like my daddy. he is huge into politics and loves to send out political emails. however, because he knows my thoughts on politics, and because i have asked him to refrain from sending me anything deemed "political," he doesn't send me anything anymore. and i kind of wish i could say something to these two guys about it. ask them to discuss their beliefs on anything religious on breaks, in a quieter tone, via email or in the hall. cuz i can see everyone else roll their eyes when they profess to be experts on a certain book in the bible or prophecy received by some random prophet. for the sake of my sanity, i wish they'd stop.

**at least while we're at work, anyway**

2 comments:

  1. LOL the other day the neighbors sent some missionaries over here to talk to John. When he refused, they came over a few days later and tried to get me to convert him. I said OK but who's going to convert me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you know, i don't mind when people wanna talk about religion as long as it's okay with me, first. typically, it's not okay, but i have been known to have one or two discussions every once in awhile. either way, i just hate when people talk about it at inappropriate times and places!

    ReplyDelete