2.11.2009

Haikus


I have always loved Haikus. They are so simple and yet so complex. I have decided that I am going to try to write one Haiku a day, about anything. In case you don't know the rules of a Haiku, I'll explain:

-The first line is 5 syllables
-The second line is 7 syllables
-The third line is 5 syllables

It can be about any subject and the great thing is they don't have to rhyme [although they can]. They typically paint a simple picture, although sometimes limiting your words to 17 syllables total can be hard. Try it out, though. I think that they are fun to write! Leave your haikus in my comments, if you want.

Here is mine for today, although it was actually written yesterday:

The sky opened wide
And poured out its soul on us
We were again clean.

5 comments:

  1. A girl named Holly
    Stole her neighbor's big windchimes~
    Now she is in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl named Leslie
    Took the big windchimes from her
    And bailed Holly out

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie forged a check
    Holly wishes she was out
    Don't bend for soap

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am not a man
    bending for soap is no prob
    planning my escape

    ReplyDelete