2.18.2009

so not relia[nt]able


so i hate my electric company, reliant. however, i don't want to have to go through the trouble of canceling them, paying someone else a deposit, getting a time to have it turned on, etc. and so every month, i keep paying reliant and cursing them! i'm highly irritated.

so i faxed in my bank draft cancellation form at the beginning of this month. i even sent the stupid thing TWICE and got two confirmations that they had received it. and so i checked my online electric account / statement and it said that my bank account would no longer be drafted. i get paid this coming monday, so i figured everything would be fine and i could pay it then. so i paid two other bills earlier this week with whatever money i had in my account. and then i decided to check my bank account today. and what?

reliant had drafted my account. for almost $200. of which i no longer had in my account cuz i paid two other bills with that money. and so now i'm scrambling to come up with money to put in my account because reliant sucks. i called reliant today and i talked a very nice lady who i tried very hard to be nice to. it's not her fault, after all. it's not even her department. she asked me to fax the form again to *her* fax number and that she'd personally walk it over to the department that handles bank draft cancellations and make sure that it gets taken care of. i hope i can take *latarsha* at her word. but since i'm no longer that trusting of this company, i'm going to call back on my way to the gym and ensure that they indeed did cancel my draft. good thing i get paid on monday and have such great parents who are willing to help me out when i'm in a jam. i'm just so frustrated!

and another thing . . . in may of last year, my bill was $40. my electric bill had been about $40 for the past two years every month, no matter how much i ran my a/c or how many lights i left on. it never, ever topped $50. and then in june, my bill sky-rocketed. this month, it's $195. and my house isn't that big. there is no way that my bill should be that much. i did have some electrical work done on my house around june, but i can't imagine that that would make my bill go up about $150 a month! it's just frustrating. when i called reliant about it, they told me there was nothing they could do cuz they don't know what habits i've changed regarding my electricity. i told them i had changed nothing -- that i was even using my a/c less! either way, they were unwilling to help and actually told me they could send another meter reader out to check my meter . . . for a small fee.

today's incident -- this may have pushed me over the edge. i'm going to start looking into TXU again as well as Direct Energy. i seriously hate electric companies in general.

reliant, even moreso [and don't you just love my homemade graphic?!?!].

7 comments:

  1. That stinks. I hope that kinda' thing never happens with my bills I have coming out of the account. I can imagine your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well reliant was the *only* account i had drafting automatically and they messed up my bill in december and drafted it a week early. so i *just* went through all of this two months ago! so i finally got around to canceling it, got the approval and THEY DRAFTED IT AGAIN! i am irritated. i may see if jason can stop over and see if he can figure out why my bill has jumped so high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm going to suggest to John that we name one of the twins Latarsha. Latarsha Reliant Gomes. In your honor.

    And there is no reason your bill should be that much. You need to have John call them FOR you and make them cry. He's good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i have to give it to *latarsha* . . . she's the one who finally got my account squared away! i just REALLY hate that company.

    and please! please do name your kid that, cuz that would just make me laugh. although *holly* is a great name! and it's so close to hayley. i was actually almost named hayley [long story].

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, if you parents would've had ONE more girl, she would've been named Hayley. And then she would've been the cool one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. growing up, my sisters used to dress my little brother up as a girl when he was a baby and tell me my parents traded him in for a little girl and named *her* hayley. it used to make me cry. but whatever . . . we *both* must be cool if john hangs out with us! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you'd like to give Direct Energy a try, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/luckyseven or http://tinyurl.com/holly-hawkes and enter the following offer code: LUCKY7 -- we'd love to have you as a customer! You can follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/DirectEnergyTX) or visit our website for more info on our company.

    ReplyDelete