2.13.2009

what a *great* day today will be!
















so today has already started off great *excluding the whole "driving to the gym when it's closed" incident.* it started off with me running late *again* but then i got to the coffee shop and met a very nice-looking man.


i was trying to think of a way to talk to him without sounding cheezy, but everything i went over in my head wouldn't come out right. and then i remembered that when heather was *just* starting out in real estate, she used to go to starbucks to meet potential clients by buying someone a coffee. she got many clients and contacts that way. and so i decided to give it a shot.


his name is todd [go figure] and he was in line behind me. i ordered mine and told the cashier i would like to buy his also. he thanked me and shook my hand. apparently i have a great grip cuz he *accused* me of being ex-military. i told him i wasn't, but that my father was, and had taught me to shake a hand. and then the conversation just flowed. i had to give him my number *which i typically don't do in case i change my mind later and decide against calling* because i don't have a phone. i explained to him about my phone and told him i'd be getting mine either tomorrow or monday. we'll see if he calls.



i also let my co-worker, karen, take some pics of me yesterday. not a fan of all of them, but figured i'd post them here anyway. i *really* like the profile shot, so i might even end up changing that to my blog picture. but what do you think? [and people -- if you're reading this, i am wondering why you're not commenting?!?]

5 comments:

  1. We like the last one. But I think you should change your picture to the apple-eating shot. Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the apple one! i was *so* bored at work yesterday that i was taking all sorts of random apple ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People just don't like to comment, I know lots of people read my blog and never comment. Anyway, I love the picture & I don't know what you are talking about, cause you do look just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well people *should* comment when they read my blog! i always try to add comments to other people's. i guess it's just one of those things. wanna make sure people are reading or else i'm just wasting my time!

    and yeah -- i WISH i looked that good in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. except for the stupid hat...:)

    ReplyDelete