2.09.2009

complete randomness

so i got something the other day on facebook about posting 25 random things about myself. i'm not going to repost that here, cuz i thought of so many other random things i could have written after i posted it on facebook. not sure i will post 25 more, but i thought that i would put some things down here and maybe you will learn something new about me! so, here i go.

*when i was little, i never remember day-dreaming about being married and having a family. i didn't even really play with dolls. i always envisioned myself living in a high-rise apartment with a dog. not sure that i still want that dog, but i will take that high-rise apartment!

*i adore each and every niece and nephew i have, but am glad that i get to send them home whenever i am "kidded out," as i like to call it.

*i am friends with every single one of my ex-boyfriends, save one. and that's only because he lied to me and would never admit that. if he called me today and admitted his transgression, i would be his friend.

*i don't like change. i am very routine and stick to "what i know." i think that it sometimes hinders me.

*i am very sentimental and believe strongly in traditions. i have a hard time accepting when something is changed -- i told you i don't like change -- and sometimes don't handle changes very well. but there are some things that shouldn't be changed . . . most of them are christmas traditions.

*i hate receiving gifts on my birthday. i'd rather everyone come over for a bbq and just spend time with me rather than spend money on me. it actually makes me really uncomfortable when people buy me things.

*i am fiercely loyal to a fault. even when someone doesn't deserve my loyalty, they have it anyway. i have a hard time letting go when i should and this has cost me my heart many times, in friendships and relationships. when i love, i really love.

*my biggest fear is dying young and alone. an even bigger fear is that i believe it will happen. i am not destined to live over 40.

*i like writing with sharpie ultra fine point pens. i like the way the pen feels when it glides over the paper.

*i believe that music is a great healer.

*i shave my legs everyday. if i decide i'm not going to shave them one day and get out of the shower without doing so, i always end up getting back into the shower to get it done. i hate prickly legs.

*i am addicted to my cell phone, true crime television, dasani bottled water, music and coffee [much to my parents' chagrin].

*i believe that everyone's opinions should be respected, even if i don't agree with them. and just because i don't necessarily think like you do, doesn't mean i believe you to be wrong or right. i just think it's your belief and it shapes who you are. like my beliefs shape me.

*one of the best trips i ever remember taking was when leslie and i snuck down to new orleans for mardi gras. we got stuck in a traffic jam over the mississippi river and i was driving [in case you don't know, i have a *terrible* fear of driving over water]. i was so scared my knuckles were white and there are still fingerprints indentations on the celica's steering wheel. the reason i enjoyed that trip so much was because i think it was the trip that brought leslie and i back together. she is my best friend and i still can't believe we let richard mitchell hinder our friendship for so many years!

*i love shopping and spending money on clothes, shoes, etc., but hate spending money on anything else . . . like electronics. that's why it took me so long to get a digital camera [which i ended up getting from heather for christmas] and my iPod [which my friend gave me, even though i had been wanting one for years]. i don't know why i can so easily pay $70 for a pair of jeans, but wouldn't do so on a camera [especially since i love the one i have so much].

*i like that i came from a big family. however, sometimes i have a hard time with all the noise when all the nieces and nephews come together. i guess since it's just my roommate and me at the house, it's hard to adjust to the noise. i get irritated very easily on sundays at mom's house.

*i am working hard to get all of my debt paid off this year. i want to be able to purchase a new car next year.

*i love hosting get togethers and plan on doing it more this year. especially in the summer. i plan on learning how to bbq and am looking forward to it.

*i never carry cash. money burns a hole in my pocket, so i make sure everything goes straight into my bank account.

*i want to finish my degree.

okay . . . i think that that is enough for now. i'm not going to do the whole tagging thing cuz i just thought this would be fun for people to get to know me better. feel free to write your own random facts about yourself or comment on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment